Raspberry Basil Limoncello Cocktail
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, plus more for snacking and garnish (or try with another berry, we won’t tell)
- 12 fresh basil leaves, roughly torn, plus more for garnish (it’d be a weird snack, we’d judge)
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges, plus one more for garnish
- 1/4 cup simple syrup, chilled (equal parts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves)
- 2 oz. limoncello
- 4 oz citrus vodka (or regular vodka)
- 2 bottles prosecco
- Crushed ice
Combine raspberries, basil, lemon wedges, and simple syrup in a jar and let marinate for up to 2 days in the ice box.
Strain raspberry mixture.
Shake together limoncello, vodka, and 2-4 oz. of raspberry liquid (to taste) with crushed ice. Pour and float prosecco on top.
Garnish as you see fit.
Recipe courtesy of the amazing Laura Doocy. Photo by Avi Weisbach